I am definitely not the doctor in the house. People always say that the mom plays doctor to her kids. Doctor is always in the list of titles when listing the rolls a mom plays...well, I failed my board exams yesterday. My nearly five year old, Kayli likes to play in bed when she is supposed to be sleeping. Wednesday was no exception. She said that she was leaning way over the rail of her loft bed to look into the hallway...while leaning way over she fell over and landed on her Diego toy (which broke...but mom fixed it) and landed on her left arm (yes, she is lefty). She cried and complained that it hurt a lot...I told her to get back in bed and to lay still and that it would probably feel better when she woke up. Well, she never went back to sleep and had a hard time sleeping that night. It wasn't swollen and she could move her fingers so I figured it was just sore.
The next morning she woke up and I told her she was going to school or going to the doctor (hudson had an appointment) with us. She said she wanted to go to the doctor. My stomach kinda fell a little when I heard that because she hates going to the doctor. Well, long story short, yesterday my little 4 year old had surgery to fix the break and misplaced growth plate in her left arm. She came home with a hot pink cast and a sorry mommy. I felt sooooooooooooo back but was so thankful to all the very nice doctors and nurses we encountered yesterday. Everyone took such GREAT care of her. And she was a trooper...this picture is the only one she'd let me take and she isn't smiling because she didn't want a picture but she is fine. She is resting up for now and we are trying to find clothes to fit over that big cast. Thanks for everyone's prayers and calls...we really covet your sincere love for her and us!!!
Friday, January 4, 2008
Uh....I was wrong...
Posted by Mom's Club at 9:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I hope she feels better. I can't imagine having surgery and going through a broke bone.
Poor Kaylie. I would have been the same way with one of my kids and my diagnosis would have been wrong, too. To make it up to her I think you should buy her lots of new toys and candy!;) I am glad to her she is doing well.
Poor little sweetie! What a trooper. I can't imagine going through that, but you know I would have been the same way with Lily. I would have called her bluff and not believed her pain. I hope the next three weeks go by quickly for you all!
Poor girl :0( I'm glad everything went well though and that she is on the mend. I seriously have ALora scared to death I think of standing on her bed and I'm wondering if she will even sleep there after seeing just that one pic of Kayli! We shall see... I agree w/Katie too btw, lots of new toys and candy should have her feeling better in no time ;0)
I am so glad to hear she is okay now.
It is so hard with kids to know what is really wrong. Does Kayli like the hot pink?
Well at least she got a cool hot pink cast...ha. What a tough girl! Hope she feels better soon. I think Build-a-Bear would help :) They have a cast for them too!
Oh my gosh poor Kaylie! I am glad that she is feeling better though. I hope you find cute clothes to fit over that big cast! :)
What a sad picture! Oh the lessons I have yet to learn about motherhood!
Post a Comment